Our Heritage church was built in 1911 and it, along with the cemetery, holds an important part of the history of the Mission area. This beautiful old church, steeped in prayer, is finding its ministry for this century as a space for small group and individual retreats. Our main church was built in 1986 and its design incorporates the style of our heritage church. The heritage font is also in our main sanctuary.
Bellevue Creek runs along St. Andrew’s historic Cemetery. Deer frequent the grounds in the spring and fall. We honour the early settlers buried here and acknowledge and honour the traditional territory of the Okanagan Peoples.
The cemetery was awarded a Canada 150 Grant and in March 2018 all pathways and level curbs for accessibility were redone, lighting for safety was installed and we worked with First Nations to create signage that honours their presence in this area. We are also working on an online database to make cemetery grave markers accessible to the public.
As of January 2016, the cemetery is now for members of the Anglican Church and those churches in communion with the Anglican Church. Remaining cremation plots cost $1000 and we are actively planning for a columbarium in the future. For more information, please contact our office.
The cemetery is managed by the authority of the Church Committee based on the recommendations of the Kirks and Glens Ministry which is chaired by Gwen Chapman and Cameron Graham.